Welcome!

Take a look at the world through my eyes.

The Disclaimer

I must apologize for the lack of congruency of some of these blogs. I actually started writing these at the beginning of 2006. These were only blogcasted through a closed circuit of e-mail friends who every now and then responded. I tried to keep as many responses as possible. But unfortunately many have been lost. This at times will make some blogs seem kind of chopped up.
If you are offended or insulted by the content of any of these blogs, my apologies. But then again, perhaps it is just what you needed!
Also if you find your name in any of these blogs I am obviously talking about somebody else with the same name. You’re not the center of the universe you know. Gaud!!!
Proper spelling is not something that I have ever really understood. I really do not know how this particular activity ever came into existence. Therefore I do not participate.

The Blog Cast

All blogs written by the author are broadcast via e-mail. If you are interested in getting "The Blog Cast" please contact Rusty at rustyfirestone@gmail.com so he can add you to the list.

Rusty the Baby

Rusty the Baby
My first blog!

Three Religiions

Three Religiions
Facing the wall

# 22 Life in a droplet of water

Now to speak of something that is not quite in vogue these days. French toast. I grew up thinking that this was a delightful gourmet breakfast dish that was only served to me on special occasions e.g. birthdays, barmitzfas, circumcisions, etc. I always wondered when I went to Denny’s “What could be the secret ingredient to this exquisite dish?” I grew up admiring it in this way pretty much all my life. Then came the tragedy of 9/11. And then my beloved childhood dish became the new fight against the forces of evil and tyranny. It became “Freedom toast”. As I looked at the three little squares on my plate I sat in awe and wonder. I felt so patriotic as I reached for the syrup. I was fighting tyranny all around the world. I saw my self with my superman tights on standing next to the American flag with my chest barreling, while I fought for truth justice and the American way. This continued until my British friends who have an uncanny knack for turning questions into statements “It’s just eggy bread, isn’t it.”
Anyhoo, in other news, my good friend Gym came over this weekend for a visit. He informed me that he would be keeping his conversations with me down to a minimum (referring to his late inclusions to my blogs). Sort of a need-to-know basis. This has been a growing attitude of the populace around me. They bring up phrases like “canon food”, “innocent targets”, “cheap entertainment” etc. Be that as it may, I do have some more fodder to load into my cannon. So here goes:
As we draw near to US presidential elections the buzz begins. The Democrats come out to burn and the Republicans come out to conserve. Everybody puts on their “Uncle Sam” paper top hats and start to practice their rights to freedom of speech. Well I had an interesting conversation with my good buddy Henrietta the other night. The conversation had wondered to politics and she began to bemoan the state of the upcoming events as most usually do. “There is nobody worth choosing”. Then out of the blue she said “You know I was a republican for about five minutes once!”
I said “You Henrietta?! No kidding.”
“Yah, the five minutes it took me to seduce a Young Republican in college.”
My reply was “’gasp’ Henrietta!”
“Yup, I woke up the next morning with a headache wondering ’Where the hell am I’. Then it all came back to me and I saw him lying on my arm next to me. I had to knaw off my arm to keep from waking him up…. good times!”
I think at this point I said something rather sexest. Henrietta made a comment or two directed at yours truly. But things settled later quite well. We are still buddies.
But even so, Henrietta, ya still throw like a girl. Her response to this would probably be something like “Well Rusty, you spell like a moron!” It is interesting to mention at this point that Henrietta and I went to the same high school in Mexico City. I did not know her then but we met here in Bolivia. Small world.
More political conversation is that my wife saw the movie “Reds “ the other day. So now she is going around quoting some famous feminist-communist. It must have been Twiggy if I am not mistaken. The quote is; “Voting is the opiate of the masses!” Gosh, everybody has something to say accept me. Oh well I’ll figure something out.
FeO2